Date:Monday July 21 2014
Everton's main target has always been Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.
Either on another loan deal or on a permanent basis, Roberto Martinez has been clear that he wants to see the 21-year-old Belgian International return to Goodison Park next season.
But before the World Cup kicked off we reported that it was looking more and more likely that he would end up at either Atletico or Real Madrid following the World Cup.
La Liga Champions Atletico Madrid wanted Lukaku to replace 25-year-old striker Diego Costa who was heading in the opposite direction, whilst Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti fancies Lukaku to replace Alvaro Morata.
However he has also been linked with a possible a move to Wolfsburg in Germany and Italian champions Juventus.
Understandably the striker was concentrating on the World Cup earlier in the summer and wouldn't comment on his future, but following Belgium's elimination the rumour mill starting to pick up pace once again, with Lukaku admitting that the offer to stay at Everton was a consideration.
'I have the opportunity to stay at Everton, it is a possibility and it is something we will have to talk about.' he reportedly said to the Belgian media.
Now talk inside Goodison is that Everton are hopeful a deal can be concluded.
He would command a price tag in excess of £20million but it seems Roberto Martinez is prepared to break the bank for Lukaku if the opportunity arises to sign him permanently.
We already know Martinez is patient in the transfer market and now we're seeing examples of his determination as well.
'We definitely want one midfielder and three attackers, But it's going to be an exercise now from this point until the transfer deadline really. We've got enough time and we're not going to rush it. he told evertonfc.com whilst speaking generally about his transfer market moves.
He continued: 'It's always about understanding that to get the squad finalised takes many decisions and many thoughts. It's not about when we bring them, it's knowing who could fit in in the roles that we need.
'There were two big aims for me this season. One, to find continuity with what we achieved last season, and that's clearly what we've been working towards with the likes of Seamus Coleman, Gareth Barry and Tony Hibbert signing new contracts.
'And, then, there are positions where we know exactly who could fit those roles and I would say since January we've been working very hard to identify those.'
Vital Everton is 100% interactive. Not only can you have your say on the articles and the forums but you can also write an article to be published on the website or a suggest a poll so you can air your views.
Date:Monday July 21 2014
Mori ready for the Premier League (Friday September 4 2015)
The Everton Injury Table.. (Friday September 4 2015)
Everton announce 25 man squad (Friday September 4 2015)
Lennon all smiles following Everton return (Thursday September 3 2015)
Everton and Ireland lock horns again (Thursday September 3 2015)
Deadline Day Mix Bag For Everton (Thursday September 3 2015)
Lennon set to return to Everton (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Gibson pleads guilty (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Stats: Tottenham v Everton (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Stones is a future England captain (Tuesday September 1 2015)
|8. West Ham||4||2||0||2||3||6|
|11. AFC Bournemouth||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|12. Aston Villa||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|Williams Wins Man of the Match vs Manchester United
» Swansea : 04/09/2015 20:37:00
|Shelvey To Start For England vs San Marino
» Swansea : 04/09/2015 20:19:00
|Southampton's 25 Man Premier League Squad
» Southampton : 04/09/2015 18:38:01
|Romeu On Win & Competition
» Southampton : 04/09/2015 18:35:01
|Pellegrini Confident On Attacking Options
» Man City : 04/09/2015 18:02:01